BRIEF HISTORY: The Management Information Systems Department was founded in 2012 within the Dokuz Eylül University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences. There are three branches within this department; Department of Information Technology, The Department of Geographical Information Systems and The Department of Management Information Systems.
INTRODUCTION: Parallel to the increasing significance of information technology, business enterprises are taking interest in potential projects that will make a difference for themselves within today’s highly competitive and global markets and are directing their resources towards these types of activities. Accordingly, the need for individuals who can manage people and technology together has increased everywhere.
Management Information Systems is a field that processes business and IT subjects. Today, with the developments in the IT field adding innovations to business sciences, much more efficient and effective decision making processes have occured. In addition, the management of information systems has also become a management issue in itself. Issues concerning Management Information Systems emerged with the interaction and integration of these two fields. The intent is for individuals who have graduated from the program to have an understanding of the latest information systems and technologies needed for managers in the optimization of their decision making processes as well as analytical thinking and sufficient knowledge of the management and structure of an organization.
The advantage of this program is to educate students in informatics at a level that they can develop information systems for businesses and business knowledge enough to manage these systems.
The program is focused on the graduates technical, analytic, executive thinking and communication skills. Students of the program will be educated to be equipped in the following:
- The basics of information technology
- Software development logic
- Understanding and managing the basics of telecommunication networks
- Implementation of IT analysis and design
- Implementation of database systems analysis and design
- The benefits of enterprise and supply chain systems
- To monitor and control the software development process
- Determining requirments due to communication between users with no technical knowledge and senior management.
- Turning necessities into design
- Reflecting user requests in information technology